Monday, May 2, 2016

The "Turn It In" Post...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

In this post, I attempt to help you get all of your work turned in. I also give you access to the forms you need if you want to participate in some great end-of-the-year events. Finally, I share the coolest thing I've ever seen for Google Drawings!

Step One:
Make sure your portfolio is complete. The pages that must be complete are listed here. Need more help? Read the Portfolios Page carefully. On a side note, I noticed that Mrs. Goodall made some portfolio shout-outs! To see them, scroll to the bottom of this page, and then scroll to the bottom of the portfolio shout-out responses. One you see hers, consider taking a moment to make one of your own!

Step Two:
Turn in your portfolio here. This qualifies for you for the BETA Badge Testing Group.

Step Three:
If you'd like to submit your digital art for the Art Show, or if you'd like to submit some music you created, we'd love to include it! We need lots of students to submit their work! Please submit a link to your Google Drive file (shared: publicly, view only) here.

Step Four:
I really need some 5th grade students to help with the continuation slide show. If you're interested, please fill in this form, even if you've already sent an email.

If all that work is complete, here's the quick version of vector portraits with Google Drawings. I think you'll be interested. These drawings could make a great avatar for your Google Account, or be perfect for your portfolio. I'll embed the super-cool sped-up version, but then I'll also share a very detailed tutorial from the same gentleman.

   

...And if you'd like to try, I'd recommend this tutorial, which goes into amazing detail.  What a cool project for our McGlone Art Show! You could choose someone you respect, or you could make a self portrait using a snapshot. If you search for an image online, make sure that you use an image that is labeled for reuse. The tutorial shows how to do this - just search for your image using the tools inside of Google Drawings, and you'll be fine. I can't wait to see what you create! The tutorial and the video above come from Joshua Pomeroy.

I've started to try this myself, and I've learned some lessons. I'll share more in class, but I'll try to put my drawing below so you can see it as I continue to learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment