Wednesday, March 9, 2016

What Do I Screencast?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I admit it. I've been a little crazy about getting your actual voices on the portfolios. But I think it adds so much power to your work. There are some great examples on your portfolios, but we have to dig through quite a few portfolios to find them. The good news is that you can help. Just use the shout out form on the Portfolios Page to point out the best examples!

Students are asking what to screencast. I've already shared more than a couple of my ideas. I know you probably have better ones. But since I keep getting asked, here are the ideas I've shared (and maybe a new one or two...)

1. A tour of your portfolio. Explain about your best work, invite visitors to sign your guestbook, share some of your best pages, you get the idea.

2. A gaming video. Use the pause feature to screencast the very beginning, and then the very ending of the game. Make sure you are explaining your learning and what you are doing. Teach us!

3. A tutorial - Choose one of the topics Mr. Moore has made a screencast about, and make a better one! If yours is better, Mr. Moore will add it to the YouTube Channel and take his down! There would have to be a vote, of course! You could also make a tutorial for something that is missing from our current line-up!

4. A Streetview tour. I'm not even going to say anything else. I can't wait to see this screencast on a portfolio. If you are successful with this one, please share it with the class! If you like that, try this!

5. Your own idea...

~ Mr. Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment