Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Lab Design Challenge and Tool Blowout!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Here's a new challenge for you. Remember when I came to McGlone and told you all that we could make the Lobos Lab any way we wanted? There is a small chance that we will one day have a middle school. And possibly a new middle school building. If that ever happens, wouldn't it be great to have a big bunch of student ideas to share with the architects?

Here's your chance.

You've done a Tool Blowout before - where we compare tools for a job. We did it for music and for art tools.

Now, we're doing it for Lab Design Tools.

Your job is to try each tool and report back. Use the tool to create the ultimate Lobos Lab. Try to share a link to your work on your portfolio - or even better - try to add your work directly to your portfolio. If you're successful, we will share your work - especially if you can figure out how to create a virtual 3D video walk-through like my friend Nate did... You can see the link if you read on...

Good Luck!

Here are the tools that are available.

1. Floorplanner
2. Planner5D
3. Autodesk Homestyler

Questions to consider as you work:
1. Can I sign in with Google? (Yes, here's a video showing you how...)
2. Can I save work in Google Drive?
3. Can I get a screenshot that shows my progress?
3. Can I get a link to my work to share on my portfolio?
4. Can I actually add my work directly to my portfolio (embed)?
5. Can I create a 3D virtual video walk-through of my idea? If so, how can that be shared?

Post your thinking and your work on your portfolio. Use the "Technology" page. Then come back to the blog and add a comment. In your comment, include a link to your portfolio or your work. Before you comment on the blog, you'll need a Blogger account. Make sure to use this video, and follow the directions VERY CAREFULLY or your account could be locked by Google.

If you'd like some inspiration, check out this lab. My friend Mr. Ubowski is actually building this lab now at Heritage High School in Littleton...

~ Mr. Moore
#teammcglone


If you missed the link that shows how to sign in with Google, here you go.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is amazing! I cannot wait to see what our students create - thanks Mr. Moore!

    ReplyDelete